Thursday, June 24, 2010

Can't believe half year gone!



July 2010 marks the beginning of a new semester. Time flies. Lately, I noticed two questions that I was regularly asked: 1) How's your project going?; 2) When do you finish your PhD? *Sigh. Things that I should have done 3 months ago is still hanging in my list. Looking back, it's not a bad first half of the year!

A few days ago, a new desktop arrived in my lab. Finally! I had to install it twice because I couldn't partition the hard disk correctly. There is no such thing as root and swap space the last time I remember! Then, I spent two days updating the files, fixing the screen resolution and installing software. Problems never fail to arise when I use Linux. Next, I'm planning a Linux introduction workshop for my labmates.

Today it's the last day of Kolokium FST. It's an annual event where the final year postgrad student present their work. Coincidently, there is a seminar on marine biology and also one held in Inbiosis. Less people attended it compared to last year. This is a great opportunity to shamelessly helped myself to the food.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Free Blogger Templates Spain by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP