Thursday, July 16, 2009

FST Open day: Fern Photography Contest

Asplenium nidus

In conjunction with FST open day, a photography contest was organized by Taman Paku Pakis (Fern Park). Cash is up for grab. Since I have brought my digital camera that day, I can't miss this opportunity! Contestants are required to take one photo from Taman Paku Pakis and a scenery photo from FST.

Some of my favourite photos:




Tree fern (Cyathea latebrosa)

A little bit about Taman Paku Pakis in UKM. The 20-acres park has existed since 1988. However, the park was given a total makeover by FernaRia UKM bersama Exxonmobil last year. The company sponsored RM 60,000 to upgrade and conserve this place. Many species of ferns including rare species are planted. Now, the park is used as recreational place, research and educational purposes. A must visit site if you're in UKM. You can find a very detailed article in BM on this blog.

The beautiful scenery in Taman Paku Pakis:



I'm very satisfied with my photos eventhough I didn't win. When I saw the winning photos, my jaw dropped open. No comment. >.<

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Free Blogger Templates Spain by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP